Girl you got soul and I don’t mind that you go a little crazy It’s that passion I dig baby

Monday, December 8, 2014






Top - J.Crew / Jeans - J.Crew/ Pumps - Marshalls / Clutch - old / Sunnies - RayBans

Sometimes it's all about the details. Some outfits are about big statement pieces, like this oldie but still goodie found here. One where you know exactly what the wearer is trying to show off. Whether it be a statement necklace, or a bold lip or a fun pattern.

Other outfits are more subtle. From far away they are just a well put together look, nothing special, just good. But once you start looking more, like I do creepily stare at ladies whose outfits I love, and try to figure out why I love them. That's when the small things pop out at you and say HEY NOTICE ME. This is a great way to dress for ladies who might be too afraid to be bold, but still can achieve a WOW look.

Here are some of my ways of making a simple outfit, actually a lot cooler than what it seems at first.

1. A popped collar. This hasn't been one of my go-to's until I started working at J. Crew. And now, I have no idea why I never did it before. It's so great, and gives that cool factor.

2. Small details like the stitching being a different color, or in this case, the detail on the pocket flaps on this top. Kind of like jewelry, but not so shiny and bright.

3. Leopard. I'm telling y'all. It is a neutral. Much like a stripe, which I feel like is in the same category.

4. Pinning back part of your hair. Like my gal CK did here.

5. A good manicure. This is self explanatory I hope.

What are some of y'all's go-to simple outfits?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<