spotted: my very first collaboration, ever!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I am beyond excited to announce my very FIRST collaboration on the blog today!! It is with a fab lady I met through the Lucky Community. She is beyond adorable, and has the cutest daughter pretty much ever. She wears the cutest headbands and these moccasins I just really want in my own grown-up closet! (Yes, I do stalk her & her baby on instagram, whoops.) We decided to collaborate and immediately the color cobalt blue popped into conversation. I had another outfit planned, which was going to include a big statement piece, so clearly great minds almost think alike! Samantha does such a great job of mixing the color in so many ways, that all mesh really well...and can we talk about her DIY'd heels! I can't even. Meet my lovely new blogger BFF. I am utterly convinced we would be totally be real life besties.   


Hi, I'm Samantha! I'm a Mom to the sweetest 2 year old in the world, a Wife to my high school sweetheart, a Beauty & Fashion lover, DIY'er, Product Junkie, Interior Decorating Obsessed, Foodie, Traveller, and Author of PLAYDATES + PEARLS.






Jeans: H&M. Polka-dot Shirt: Old Navy. Sweater: Old Navy. Necklace: (similar). Shoes: DIY'd from old pair of nude heels (GENIUS lady!!). Scarf: Souvenir from Paris. Jacket: Guess, last year (similar).

I chose to style cobalt blue in subtle ways by layering jewelry, a scarf, and pumps onto a very simple and casual outfit. This is such an easy and effortless look that could be recreated with items you probably already own, as well as easily transitioned from day to night. Grab a collared shirt (or steal one of your husbands if he's not an XL to your S...or vice-versa), throw a sweater over it, and top your look off with any statement necklace, heels, or scarf in cobalt blue or a color of your choosing. Viola! Bring flats with you if you're going out in sky-high heels. I always pack a pair of Dr Scholls foldable flats in black.

BONUS! You can enter to win a gorgeous blue ombre scarf from Samantha! How awesome is that?! 


To see how I styled the color cobalt check out Samantha's blog, PLAYDATES + PEARLS and say hi! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<